Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day Six: Motors and Interface micro to transistors

Microcontrollers, input and outputs
A transducer is a device that converts a signal in one form of energy to another form of energy, they are widely used in measuring instruments.

Input transducers are electronic devices that detect changes and send signals into the process block of the electronic system. The inputs transducer in my bear is the push switches on her hand to detect when she is being 'pressed'. Others transducers we seen are light-dependent resistor (LDR) to detect light or dark, a microphone to detect noises and speech, a tilt switch to detect when the toy is being turned upside down.

Output transducers are electronic devices that can be switched on and off by the process block of the electronic system. Some of the output transducers in my bear are a motor to make her mouth open and close, a speaker to produce sounds, two LED (light-emitting diode) on her cheek flashes when she is being turned on.

Dissect Toy

My Story Telling Bear
This is how my little bear looks like before dissecting.


Inside my bear

After dissembling the electronics system inside my bear, I found the wires connected to its motor then I soldered and extended the motor's wires that makes her mouth open and close by connecting to an external 9V battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment